Saturday, July 24, 2010

Apartment Gardening

In case you've missed the news: Zack and I are still unemployed, and living in one of the most expensive places...ever? Or at least that we've ever lived! It's been easy to dwell on the negativity of the situation, but it's more enjoyable to be innovative and find less expensive things to do.

That said, today we created an indoor herb garden! Small pleasantry, but still a lot of fun. I've never really gardened before but I've always enjoyed mud and today was no exception. Packing the soil, watering the plants (and the table, and the floor...we forgot to get a watering can!), and seeing the plants all lined up on our table was such a relaxing experience. Of course, it makes me crave some personal yard space, but that will come later! For now, we have our small window garden to keep us content.

4 comments:

  1. so-called so cal....you are too clever :)

    yay blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAT= Master's of Arts in Theology.

    Who is "Me"?

    And Jeanette...I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex. I thought it only said me on my screen.

    ReplyDelete